Oct 7, 2009

The Frame Dragger

This bike started as an Electra "Rat Fink" but that changed after it was cut in half. These bikes are some of the most comfortable bikes to ride so I didn't want to mess with the riding geometry so I kept the bottom bracket, and seat close to the stock position. The bike was cut 6" in front of the seat and right after the bottom bracket. I had tubing bent the way I envisioned it and went to work. I wanted this bike as low as possible but still ridable. I welded up the complete back half and then metal finished it so I could get it powder coated. The bike has 26" Quikspeed Billet wheels, Rockwerks cranks, Shimano disc brake, Aluminum Robinson BMX bars and front forks came from a West Coast Chopper bike. This bike's first ride was the San Jose Bike Partie's October ride (23 miles)... these bikes aren't just for show.

No comments:

Post a Comment